Nigerian Passport Renewal: The New Date You Are Eligible To Start Applying For A Passport As The Nigerian Immigration Service Extends The Suspension
Nigeria’s immigration service only postpones the start of a new passport application for a week.
The Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, announced June 8, 2021 as the new start date for the new passport application.
For the dem tok statement, “a large number of applicants are already failing to pick up passports from the issuing centers and causing some form of congestion.
Di’s statement adds that the “situation does not allow di Service to accommodate new applications, especially as we consider our desire to ensure pipo wey comes to our offices in accordance with all COVID-19 protocols. .
I have to say they don’t order passport control officers to keep sending short messages to all applicants for collection, without submitting working contact details / numbers for dia requests, because they are stepping up their efforts to eliminate the remaining requests for some centers. “
Wetin di new passport regime be?
Immigration Service Announces New Passport System Now Begins June 8, Applicants Begin:
- Visit http://immigration.gov.ng to apply, pay and download all required documents for passports
- Book an interview / appointment after successfully completing your online application
- Nigeria Immigration Service does not deal with any applicants without making an appointment online
- No one should make cash payment for an issuing center
- The processing and issuance of passport applications will take a period of six weeks after successful registration, they say, if anything changes, they must be communicated to the applicant, one week before the collection date.
- Any reissue request can be submitted six months prior to expiration.
Nigerian Interior Minister Rauf Aregbesola has said that I believe with further changes immigration to Nigeria will “come to a new dawn”.