Rossland announces vaccine passport requirements – Trail Daily Times
The city of Rossland has said that from now on, proof of vaccine will be required to access many of its facilities, based on a provincial health order regarding gatherings and events.
The programs and installations concerned are:
• Sports programs for adults (22 years and over) and physical conditioning in the arena, arena lounge, school gymnasium and minors’ hall (including rentals);
• Events / programs for more than 50 people in the arena, arena lounge and juvenile hall (including rentals);
• Spectators for indoor events (including youth sports) at the Rossland Arena
You must have a dose of an effective approved COVID-19 vaccine immediately and be fully immunized by October 24 to enter these facilities.
The requirement is in place until January 31, but could be extended.
When proof of vaccination is required, those aged 12 to 18 must show their proof of vaccination QR code (hard copy or digital copy), while those 19 and older must also present identification.
The following do not require proof of vaccination:
• Children under 12
• Young participants in sports under the age of 21 (indoor and outdoor)
• Access the services of the town hall
• Outdoor grounds and parks
• an outdoor ice rink
• Public skating at the arena
* Indoor events / programs for less than 50 people (except fitness and sports for adults).
All other Covid-19 safety measures are always followed, including masks required in all indoor urban facilities when not engaging in physical activity.
Questions regarding facility rentals or programs can be sent to [email protected]